We’re committed to delivering a world-class visitor experience for Queenstown and New Zealand and ensuring that New Zealand’s tourism sector is prosperous, attracts ongoing investment and looks after the people working in the industry. We consistently put emphasis and effort into improving all aspects of our operations from customer experience to sustainable business practices and company culture.
Altitude Tours mission is to ‘Make our client’s holidays awesome’ through our vision of providing unforgettable, epic and unique, small group New Zealand experiences. Our team lives by our six core values which are ‘Keep it real, make it wow, have fun, take initiative, play as a team and be a champion.’
Altitude Tours proudly received Qualmark Gold in 2020 & 2021, recognising us as a business leading the way in making NZ tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.
Environmental Business Practices
- Epic small group travel experiences because size matters, the less the merrier – small group travel puts less pressure on the environment, infrastructure and resources.
- In collaboration with Trees that Count we plant one native tree per day for every day of operation. Since 2018 we have planted more than 1000 native trees.
- We re-use, reduce and recycle wherever possible with mixed and glass recycling available at our vehicle base and office. We also encourage our customers to recycle.
- By moving our reservation and accounting systems to online cloud-based services we have significantly reduced our paper use.
- We share our office with 3 other companies reducing the consumption of resources and electricity.
- We always source refurbished electronic equipment rather than buying new; batteries are recycled and rechargeable devices used whenever possible.
- Our vehicles are all less than 5 years old and use Adblue to ensure cleaner emissions from our vehicles.
- Vehicles are regularly maintained to a high-performing fuel efficient standard.
- We are a bronze contributor to the Queenstown Trails Trust.
- We support initiatives which aim to give back to the environment and local community i.e. Kiwi Welcome & the Wakatipu Reforestation Trust.
Altitude Tours strives to develop long term relationships in the community that strengthen year on year and support the work that other local companies do. We are a part of and support local groups such as the Queenstown Chamber of Commerce, Queenstown Wedding Association and charities, school and college groups, community events and charity fundraisers with discounted rates and gift vouchers for prizes and auctions. Our staff are encouraged to be involved in local events, charities and volunteering in the community. We have staff that participate in trapping and reforesting to protect the environment.
“Altitude Tours have been an active contributor to our college, providing transport solutions and guest talks to tourism students, we are grateful for their ongoing support in helping to shape the next generation of tourism leaders” Jil Leydon, Internship Manager, Queenstown Resort College.